If you are anything like me, your summer is sprinkled with barbecues, receptions, showers, parties, and traveling. While I thoroughly enjoy all of the delicious food that comes along with these great events, my scale does not. And to be honest, I am eating a scrumptious Apple Fritter from Winder Farms as I type this up. Also tonight we plan on going to the World’s Best Corndogs Food Truck for dinner. That’s right, I have been known to splurge from time to time. Today is definitely not an A+ in the book of health.
In between the parties, and junk food however, I like to try to feed my family some healthy meals. But who likes health food that tastes like wood, or dirt? Nobody! That’s why I love this Balsamic Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry! It is healthy and has a great flavor. So tonight come join us at the corndog truck, and maybe tomorrow you can make this healthy dish for dinner.(We had it last night!) Hope you Enjoy it!
- 5-6 Chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 Cup Light Italian Dressing
- 3 ½ Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 lb Bag of Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables (any brand)
- Whisk together the Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for a few hours or overnight. I have marinated it for as little as 5 minutes, and it turned out fine too.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat before placing chicken evenly in the pan. Reserve the remaining marinade for later.
- Use tongs to flip chicken when it is done cooking on one side.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and place it in a separate dish.
- Add remaining marinade to the pan and let simmer for 5-7 minutes till it gets nice and thick.
- Pour in the frozen stir fry vegetables and coat evenly with the marinade.
- Continue to fry for about 10 minutes, rotating frequently until vegetables are tender.
- Place the chicken back in the pan and serve warm with white rice or quinoa.
If you would like to share my content, please provide a link back to my website. Please do not use my images without permission.