This Spaghetti Recipe is great because you can change it up depending on what you have in your fridge. If you are like me, you almost always have the backbones like spaghetti noodles, and spaghetti sauce in your pantry. Just throw in some extra ingredients and spices and you have yourself an exceptional Spaghetti. I like to serve this with salad or steamed Vegetables and garlic Parmesan toast to make it a meal. To make the toast just butter bread and sprinkle some garlic salt and powdered Parmesan cheese. For extra flare sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake in a toaster oven or in an oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until lightly toasted.
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp oregano,
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Other Ingredients: 1 lb browned ground beef, 1 precooked/cured turkey sausage link sliced, diced onion, diced bell pepper, diced carrots, diced celery, sliced mushrooms, artichoke hearts etc.
- In a Saucepan combine spaghetti sauce, canned tomatoes, brown sugar, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and Other Ingredients of your choosing. I prefer my sauce chunky, so the more add ins the better.
- Cover and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce is at a boil, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer with lid, stirring occasionally.
- Simmering the sauce allows the flavors to blend together, dont be afraid to keep it in there for a while.
- While sauce is simmering prepare spaghetti noodles according to package instructions and prepare toast, vegetables or other side dishes.
- Be sure to taste the vegetables in the sauce to test tenderness before serving.
- Serve sauce hot over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
If you have any leftovers, they can easily be frozen and served at a later time. To read more about freezing leftovers go here.
Become a part of the Happy Housewife Blog Community by liking our Facebook page.
Subscribe on your smartphone using the pull down menu, or on the sidebar on your computer.
If you would like to share my content, please provide a link back to my website. Please do not use my images without permission.
Sharing is Caring! Please share this with your friends using the Social Media Buttons below.