This Taco Soup is one of my favorites because not only is it a crowd pleaser, it is easy on the budget, and easy to make. It doesn’t get much easier than dumping all the ingredients in a crock pot and returning a few hours later! This recipe is also super versatile. I like to alternate between using canned chicken and browned ground beef, and I have even made it vegetarian by adding extra beans and omitting the meat all together. I like to switch up what type of beans I use as well including, kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans. No matter how I alter this recipe, it seems to turn out great! It is a very forgiving recipe, so if you have an idea, run with it. I like to double the batch, eat some for dinner, and freeze the rest. Find out How to Freeze Soup here.
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatos
- 2 15 oz cans of corn
- 2 15 oz cans of beans (Kidney, pinto, or black)
- 1 12.5 oz can of chicken breast (can use more if desired)
- Taco seasoning- enough required for 1 lb of meat per instructions on packaging
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Gather all ingredients
- Open all cans (except the chicken) and dump them in juices and all!
- Add in the taco seasoning.
- Drain the canned chicken before adding it to the crock pot.
- Give the soup a good stir
- Let cook in crock pot for 2-3 hours on high.
- Garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream (or plain yogurt), and shredded cheddar cheese.
Become a part of the Happy Housewife Blog Community by liking our Facebook page.
Subscribe on your smartphone using the pull down menu, or on the sidebar on your computer.
If you would like to share my content, please provide a link back to my website. Please do not use my images without permission.
Sharing is Caring! Please share this with your friends using the Social Media Buttons below.